What do you become after doing college and getting a bachelor’s degree, going to medical School and becoming a medical doctor (MD) or doctor of osteopathic medicine(DO),doing an internship for 1 year and finally for a minimum of three years, do a dermatology residency program?
You become a Qualified Dermatologist!
As per American Academy of Dermatology, you need many years of education to qualify as one. Dermatologists like dermatology center of san Francisco diagnose and treat over 3000 different diseases like skin cancer, eczema, acne, psoriasis and nail infections.
When Studying dermatology , one gets training in:
- Medical dermatology: Diagnose, treat, and prevent diseases that affect the skin, hair and nails.
- Dermatopathology: Diagnose diseases that affect the skin, hair, and nails by removing a sample and examining the sample with a microscope.
- Surgical dermatology: Treat diseases that affect the skin, hair, and nails by using a surgical procedure.
- Cosmetic dermatology: Treat the skin, hair, or nails using a treatment that is meant to improve a patient’s appearance rather than treat a disease.
Many dermatologists perform all of the above. Examples of treatments dermatologists perform that fall into the area of cosmetic dermatology include:
- Surgery to diminish acne scars.
- Injecting fillers and botulinum toxins to give an aging face a more youthful appearance.
- Laser surgery to diminish or remove small veins, age spots, tattoos, or wrinkles.
So a cosmetic dermatologist is also a fully qualified professional doctor, the main difference is that most of the time, they seek to treat patients to improve their appearance rather than for a curative function.
As per IMIS Health,there are an estimated 9,600 dermatologists and 7,800 dermatology practices in the USA .
34% of these are solo practices while 48% of the industry practices have three or more physicians.
Dermatology center of san Francisco is one of the Best Cosmetic dermatologist in San Francisco.
They offer Cosmetic and Laser surgery involving:
- Chemical peels – light, medium, deep
- Diolite laser for facial tags
- Erbium laser skin resurfacing for spots and scars
- Fat harvest and injection
- Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing for sun damage
- Hair transplantation
- Hand Rejuvenation
- IPL for sun spots and redness
- Leg vein therapy (Sclerotherapy)
- Laser for hair removal
- V-Beam laser for facial veins & brown spots
One of the reasons making sfderm one of the Best Cosmetic dermatologist in San Francisco is the quality of its personnel led by Richard G Glogau ,M.D and Dr. Sinae Kane.
Glogau is a clinical professor of dermatology at the University of California San Francisco and is recognized worldwide as an expert in the treatment of the aging face. He is the developer of the Glogau Photoaging Classification, widely known as “The Glogau Wrinkle Scale.
Dr Kane , is a board-certified dermatologist in San Francisco who graduated from MIT with a degree in Biology and Nuclear Engineering.